About Me

My photo
Indulging my interest in food and flavor, I love to write about cooking, gardening and life's bounty. My new book - "Discover Cooking with Lavender"- is now available

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Easter Brunch

Tangerine MimosaOn Easter Sunday, my husband John and I were invited to join friends and family for a brunch and Easter egg hunt.

Kirsten, our hostess, is one of those people who makes everything look easy and elegant.

To express our appreciation, I'd created a special hostess gift for Kirsten.

 

I had filled a basket with a small lavender plant, culinary lavender buds, a Dagoba Lavender Blueberry Bar, lavender strawberry jam and a copy of my new book, “Discover Cooking with Lavender.” Now, I could hardly wait to give it to her.

Hostess Gift Basket

We gathered in her spacious kitchen and chatted while Kirsten fried small potato fritters. Kirsten’s husband Noel opened champagne and served Mimosas

Kirsten and Noel's toddler sat on the kitchen floor playing with her collection of toy Easter eggs. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee, along with the savory fragrance of eggs and ham sent my appetite into action. Fruit salad, walnut coffee cake and pecan-rhubarb tea bread beckoned from the kitchen counter top.  

Easter Brunch

 

 

 

 

 

Peeking into the dining room, I admired the colorful table, the stunning yellow tulips and pastel Easter eggs – all set with 10 place settings. “How beautiful everything looks.” I commented.

. Easter Table for Ten

 

I knew this would be a memorable occasion with fabulous food, however I was surprised when Kirsten smiled and said, “I have a special gift for you!”

Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice Cream - French LavnderOpening the freezer compartment of her refrigerator, Kirsten pulled out a carton of Snoqualmie Gourmet Ice Cream. "Have you tried this? It's French Lavender and it's heavenly."

 

 

 

 

At home later that evening, I tasted my special Easter treat. Words can not describe the sweet delicate taste of this ice cream. The smooth and creamy texture made me want more. The subtle flavor gave just hint of lavender.

Ice Cream in Pink Dish

Kirsten's gift will be gone in a few days. The memory of her gracious hospitality will linger for a long time.

 

 

 

 


2 comments:

Nikki J Comer said...

Hey, nice post.
I love Easter because it is the demonstration of God that life is essentially spiritual and timeless.

Hope you had a Egg-ceptional, Eggs-traordinary Easter !!!

Nikki

Katmom said...

Oh Kathy,
By chance do you still have the Lavender ice Cream carton?
I would love to find out where I can by the Lavender Ice Cream....
I live over in Spokane so maybe the Yokes Market or Huckleberrys Organic foods will order it if I can provide them the info or contact or phone number.
I luv lavender for both crafting & baking as well as "Lavender & Chocolate mint Tea".