About Me

My photo
Indulging my interest in food and flavor, I love to write about cooking, gardening and life's bounty. My new book - "Discover Cooking with Lavender"- is now available

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Charming Cherries


Sweet, pitted, caramelized cherries make a fantastic dessert. Whether you spoon over angel food cake, drizzle over vanilla ice cream or use as topping on a fudgy brownie, these cherries are a hit.


The recipe, published in the June 2009 issue of Sunset magazine, is quick and easy. Pitting the cherries takes a little time, however I used a new tool, a cherry/olive pitter. This tool made it easy.

Lavender, a member of the mint family, calls out the fruity flavor of the cherries. I served this at a family picnic. My seven-year-old grandson tasted the dessert and said, "Wait, there's lavender in this dessert and it is yummy." Sam's foodie instincts are beginning to emerge.
Try this recipe now while cherries are in abundance at farmer's markets and grocery stores! Please let me know how you liked it.


No comments: