About Me

My photo
Indulging my interest in food and flavor, I love to write about cooking, gardening and life's bounty. My new book - "Discover Cooking with Lavender"- is now available

Friday, July 31, 2009

Lavender Loves Wine Country



Love this New York Times' piece, "Not Just the Wine Is Purple: Lavender Wafts Across Sonoma". I have read many accounts describing visits to lavender fields, this is the first time I have heard that humming buzz was the main attraction.


Last summer, I also had the opportunity to visit Matanzas Creek Winery in Santa Rosa. My husband and I walked through the gardens, tasted wine and enjoyed the warmth of the California sun. If you enjoy fine wine, beautiful gardens and great food, give yourself a treat and visit Sonoma, Santa Rosa and Nappa Valley.

No comments: