About Me

My photo
Indulging my interest in food and flavor, I love to write about cooking, gardening and life's bounty. My new book - "Discover Cooking with Lavender"- is now available

Thursday, January 01, 2009


Lavender Hot Mat Created by Linnea Donnen


Lavender stems woven in to a hot mat is not only beautiful, it will make your kitchen fragrant. This one was designed and woven by Linnea Donnen, a Seattle weaver.


Linnea uses color, texture and pattern to design unique items such as rugs, scarves, table runners and towels. She has incorporated horses hair, twigs and lavender stems in her work. She is inspired by natural beauty. Linnea learned the art of weaving in Sweden. When she is not weaving, Linnea teaches elementary school.


I also own one of her area rugs. I love this rug for its color and simplicity. Every time I look at it, I feel pleased to have it in my home.



No comments: